2008/09/19

Friends wedding in start of september


(I got a bit artistic. :) )

My friend was getting married in start of september. And of course I had nothing to wear. I couldn`t find anything to buy. Dresses never fits me. So I did what I normally do. I sewed myself a party dres.

When I was looking for pattern I went through a billion of Burdas. And I finally found a Toni Gard dress in Burda 5/2008 (pattern no. 127)
Finding the right fabric was very tough. But I did eventually find perfect fabric. With flowers and strawberries. So cute. :)
I didn`t like the shawl much so I made it without it. Instead of that I put small belts on shoulders. So that fabrics stayed folded.
I also changed the neckline, because the dres was otherwise too open. Not really apropriate for going to church. :)
I still thought that the dres was boring. So I made belt that goes with it. I used red ropes to fasten it. I think it looks quite good. Very "reduced" obi belt. :)
What I like the most about this dress is swinging skirt. It`s great for dancing. And the dress was quite a succes. All my friends said I did a great job. So naturally I felt Goooooood.

And this is us, right before we left for wedding. Dont we look smart? ;)
The white fabric with flowers and strawberries is some synthetic material I think. The red one is silk. I used some red ropes too.
Pattern is, as I have already written, from Burda modemagazin.

No comments: